Stampede GWT Portal.
Stampede GWT portal provides a Graphical Web User Interface for monitoring and analyzing work flow executions.
Stampede GWT Portal installation require following software installed on the machine.The tested versions are shown in brackets.
- Apache Ant (1.7.1)
- Apache Tomcat Server (6.0.24) . Required only if you are deploying the ant on the server . In the development mode the GWT uses default jetty server.
Note: there are no particular needs for this specific software versions, the version are provide as an indication. Similarly , any web server which has servlet container can be used as server.
Stampede GWT Portal installation require following environment variable set on the machine.
- PEGASUS_HOME :- Pointing to pegasus installation.Portal uses it to access the pegasus-analyzer script.
Steps to get GWT Portal running on the local machine
2) Extract the downloaded GWT SDK to GWT_HOME.
3) Check out the code from svn to STAMPEDE_HOME.
#> svn co https://pegasus.isi.edu/svn/stampede/trunk/Stampede/
4) Change the property gwt.sdk in STAMPEDE_HOME/build.xml to GWT_HOME.
5) To run the project in development mode execute the command from the STAMPEDE_HOME directory.
#> ant devmode
GWT development mode will open a new window .
Press "Launch Default Browser" to open the stampede web portal on the default browser. To try on other browser's copy and paste the URL on to the browser.
The browser that are currently active is shown as a tab at the top of the development mode window.
Note : When you are running in the development mode for the first server, it will prompt you to install the Google Web Toolkit Developer Plugin.
Follow the instructions in the browser to install the plugin.
Steps to deploy GWT Portal on the server
2) Execute the following command from the STAMPEDE_HOME directory.
3) Create Stampede directory inside CATALINA_HOME/webapps directory
4) Copy the contents in the STAMPEDE_HOME/war directory to Apache tomcat server’s CATALINA_HOME/webapps/Stampede directory.
rsync --delete -avh /STAMPEDE_HOME/war/* --cvs-exclude --exclude upload CATALINA_HOME/webapps/Stampede/
Set up is complete and is ready to go.