For the Pegasus SI2 project we proposed to conduct a refactoring and cleanup of the Pegasus codebase. This document will help us identify components that need to be removed, moved, and refactored and help us plan these cleanup activities.
- /contrib/wfprof (obsoleted by the new kickstart)
- Everything under /archive
- /contrib/qq (obsoleted by pegasus-status?)
- /contrib/bp2db (obsoleted by STAMPEDE?)
- /contrib/netlogger (obsoleted by STAMPEDE?)
- /libexec/statistics (obsoleted by STAMPEDE?)
- /libexec/reassemble-chunks (no longer required for kickstart)
- /libexec/pegasus-check-helper.1 (no longer used?)
- /libexec/pegasus-check-helper.2 (no longer used?)
- /libexec/latex-sample-props (obsoleted by docbook)
- /libexec/docbook-sample-props (no longer used)
- /release-tools/svn-nightly (obsoleted by GIT, bamboo)
- /release-tools/nmi (obsoleted by Bamboo)
- /contrib/dbschema (either convert them to a format we can use, or remove them?)
- /src/tools/pegasus-invoke (is this used?)
- /share/pegasus/sql (remove stuff we don't need, mostly replaced by pegasus-db-admin)
- /share/pegasus/visualize (converted dag2dot into pegasus-graphviz)
These are the components that can be removed.
- /libexec/perl-docs (moved to doc)
- /contrib/tutorial_vm (moved to release-tools)
These are the components that need to be moved.
- /release-tools (not so many subdirs needed)
- Convert python docs from build.xml into a script
- /lib/pegasus/perl (remove everything we don't support, keep what we do?)
These are the components that need to be refactored.
These are the components that we need to revisit later.
- pegasus-plots (and /share/pegasus/plots, obsoleted by dashboard, deprecate until next release)
- /contrib/plots (are we going to maintain this? Either make it part of dashboard or remove it)
- /release-tools/python-modules-dir (we should manage the python stuff differently)
- /src (should we create /src/planner, /src/kickstart, /src/pegasus-mpi-cluster, etc?)